In an attempt to become a better (amateur) criminologist, and there-by a better crime writer, I have just re-watched “A Shot in the Dark”. Here are some gems from Inspector Clouseau:
You fool! You have broken my pointing stick! Now I have nothing to point with!
- Facts, Hercule, facts! Nothing matters but the facts. Without them the science of criminal investigation is nothing more than a guessing game.
- And I submit, “Inspector” Ballon, that you arrived home, found Miguel with Maria Gambrelli, and killed him in a “rit of fealous jage”!
- It’s all part of life’s rich pageant.
(Regarding his having fallen into a fountain)
- I believe everything and I believe nothing. I suspect everyone and I suspect no one.
- Ohh… Do not trifle with me, Monsieur… I am skilled in karate… My hands are lethal weapons!